Many times, the inside diameter of a pole is required in order to determine if a post mounted component/ fixture will fit. Pole wall thickness can be determined by following the instructions below:
1. Locate the wall thickness of the pole (typically noted on the pole specification sheet under 'Technical Data'.
2. Take the wall thickness and multiply it by 2.
3. Locate the shaft size of the pole (also noted on the specification sheet under 'Technical Data') and subtract the wall thickness you just multiplied.
See example below:
SSS 20 4C
- wall thickness of 0.125. 0.125 x 2= 0.25
- subtract 4 ( 4-0.25= 3.375, which is 3-3/4" inside diameter)