In order to begin troubleshooting when a BMS system is not communicating with the nBACNET service, begin with the following:
*NOTE: The SensorView host machine communicates with the BMS system, not the nLight Gateway directly.
- Confirm SensorView “nLight Plugin Host Service” and “nLight BACnet Gateway” are both “running”
- Confirm SensorView host machine firewall is disabled, or at least an exception has been made for BACnet traffic over port 47808. **NOTE: Windows Firewall comes enabled by default.
- Confirm BMS host machine is able to ping machine hosting SensorView software, and confirm there are no mistakes in the network settings (IP, Subnet, Gateway)
- Confirm BMS machine and SensorView host machine are on the same subnet, NOT connected via BBMD
- Confirm there is nothing else communicating via port 47808 on SensorView host machine
If all of the above has been tested and communication has still not been established, take a wireshark trace capture on the SensorView host machine while BMS system is attempting to connect to nLight BACnet (run for ~30 minutes). Forward this wireshark capture to tech support ([email protected]) for review.