As outlined in the Daylighting Control Application Note, SSI (or nLight) photocells should be placed according to the following:
- According to occupancy sensor placement rules (applicable for combination units only).
- Outside the direct cone of light from indirect fixtures.
- As close to the fixture being controlled as possible.
- Between 6 and 15 feet from window.
- Above the least illuminated space in work areas.
- Away from spaces exposed to direct beam sunlight.
- Away from lighting that it is not controlling.
Following these guidelines as closely as possible will:
- Improve the close loop operation of the sensor.
- Result in better Auto Set-Point selection.
- Allow for greater dynamic range of dimming (-ADC option only).